Chapter Director: Sara Greenberg
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tri-M Music Honor Society® is a program of NAfME which focuses on creating future leaders in music education and music advocacy. Tri-M® is the only national honor society for student musicians in grades 6-12. There are more than 1,775 chapters across all 50 states, involving more than 75,000 students. Valley School is honored to be one of these chapters.
Candidates will be evaluated on the criteria below and will be inducted at the Choir Banquet in May 2018. Membership is good for one year from induction.
2017/2018 Music Honor Society Candidates:
- Music Participation
- Candidates must be enrolled in choir for the current school year and be in the 6th-8th grades.
- Academic Achievement
- Candidates must have maintained for the previous semester at least an A- average grade or equivalent in music, with at least a cumulative 3.5 GPA in other academic subjects.
- Candidate must exhibit leadership capabilites through involvement with the music department.
- Service activities include any actions undertaken by the student that are done with or on behalf of others without any direct financial or material compensation to the individual performing the service.
- A candidate should be a person who demonstrates respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Has a passion for preserving music education
This Honor Society is endorsed by The National Association For Music Education (NAfME).